2 parts (16 oz) 100% pomegranate juice (juiced fresh or Pom Wonderful is great)
1 part (8 oz) sugar
⅛ tsp orange flower water (optional)
- Combine juice and sugar in a saucepan and place over medium-high heat.
- Stir frequently and bring to just under a boil.
- Reduce heat and continue to stir occasionally for 20 minutes (never let it boil)
- When the syrup has darkened and thickened slightly, take off heat.
- Add orange blossom water (optional) and stir.
- After it has cooled, store in the refrigerator until ready to use.